Don’t Attack The Guac
Featuring Walkers Flamin’ Hot Flavour Crisps
Wow! The avocado really has had something of a renaissance recently, hasn’t it? I could wax lyrical about the rise and rise of ‘green gold’, about how a prehistoric fruit suddenly became a global industry worth billions, but I won’t because I;ve got breakfast to make..
While the avocado’s sudden popularity puts me off it a tiny bit somehow, NOTHING will EVER dent my love of good old guacamole!
Introducing - my, but I'd rather make this avocadoguacamole inspired breakfast sandwich.
Requires Cooking: Yes
Vegetarian Option: Yes
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- ¼ onion cut into the smallest little chunks you can manage
- 4 or 5 slices pickled jalapenos, cut into tiny chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 or 6 sprigs of coriander
- ½ lime
- 1 fried egg
- Crushed Walkers Flamin’ Hot Flavour Crisps
- 1 mini ciabatta cut in half lengthways
- Salt and sugar
- 1 First, make the guacamole. Skin the avocado, ditch the stone, put your green gold in a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- 2 Slice your tomato in half, cut out the core, remove (and discard) the seeds with a teaspoon.
- 3 Grate the tomato (on the coarse grater), cut side down, into the avocado bowl, until only the skin remains, which you can discard.
- 4 Chop the coriander, leaves and stalks, as finely as you can and add them to the avocado.
- 5 Grate your garlic clove (on a fine grater) straight into the avocado bowl and follow it with your chopped onion and jalapenos. Squeeze in the lime until there is no juice left.
- 6 Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and mix and mash everything together with your fork.
- 7 Fry the egg.
- 8 Smother the top and bottom of the bread in guac.
- 9 Pop the fried egg on the bottom.
- 10 Sprinkle the crushed crisps all over the guac on the top bit and bring the two sides of bread together.
- 11 Bit of a squish and you’re ready to go. Cut it in half, share it, and wonder if Saturday breakfast will ever be the same again.
- 12 Oh, and make sure the kitchen roll’s within easy reach, this one is MESSY.