Beef & Horseradish Sandwich by Max Halley
Featuring Walkers MAX Flame Grilled Steak Flavour Crisps
When I think of a beef and horseradish sandwich, I think of cold, rare roast beef, not steak or something like that. This is a two-handed picnic-perfect sandwich that demands thinly sliced tender meat cut into slivers. None of that tough stuff. You don’t want the whole lot sliding out when you take your first bite do you?!
This is a sarnie that road trips like a champ. Wrap it and pack it for a picnic at the park, the beach, the office… wherever you do your sandwiching away from home. Just don’t forget the napkins.
Requires Cooking: No
Vegetarian Option: No
- 2 slices rare roast beef, cut into slivers, cold
- 2 heaped tablespoons creamed horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coleslaw (I prefer the cheap stuff to the posh stuff)
- A small handful of flat-leaf or curly parsley, finely chopped
- Salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar (malt, for me)
- Small baguette
- Crushed Walkers MAX Flame Grilled Steak Flavour Crisps
- 1 Cut open the baguette, but don’t go all the way through.
- 2 Using your fingers, pluck out the fluffy bread and smear horseradish all over the inside.
- 3 Lay your sliced beef on the bottom of the bread, season it with salt, then cover it in parsley.
- 4 Sprinkle the crushed Walkers MAX Flame Grilled Steak Flavour crisps all over the beef, then fill the top with coleslaw.
- 5 Close it up, cut it in two for you and a mate, and ready some napkins – this one is messy!