A Cheese Sandwich by Max Halley
Featuring Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps
Is there anything more British than a nice pub lunch, a bevvy and a bag of crisps? Hold your horses, I’m going with a ploughman’s here!
It may be traditional pub grub, but you don’t have to visit your local to get your mitts on a good ploughman’s. Spruce up a humble cheese sandwich at home with some piccalilli, mayo and not-to-be-forgotten Walkers Cheese & Onion Flavour Crisps. Cheers!
Requires Cooking: No
Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Good cheddar, enough to completely cover your bread
- 1 heaped tablespoon of piccalilli, chopped through with a knife a few times if it’s chunky and stirred into 1 tablespoon mayo
- 2 slices bread from a granary loaf (got to be with a ploughman’s hasn’t it?!)
- Crushed Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps
- Half an apple, cored, face down and sliced into 8 slices
- ¼ raw red onion, thinly sliced
- Half a small pork pie cut like the apple into six slices (optional-ish, haha)
MethodWatch the video
- 1 This one’s nice and simple. Let’s put it together.
- 2 Spread a generous layer of the piccalilli mayo on the top slice of bread and a little lick on the bottom slice.
- 3 Lay the cheese on the bottom slice followed by the apple, the pork pie if you’re using it, and then the onion.
- 4 Sprinkle the crushed crisps all over the mayo, put the lid on, cut it in half, raise a toast to lunch and you’re done.