A Crisp Sandwich by Max Halley
Featuring Walkers Cheese Flavour Quavers, Cheese Flavour Bugles, and MAX Flame Grilled Steak Flavour
Nostalgia plays a huge part in our perceptions of deliciousness. So, while I can’t help but feel that to try and do anything too much to a crisp sandwich would be, well, too much, here I have been inspired by one of the simplest, most delicious plates of food I have ever had.
I was at a restaurant in Memphis, Tennessee (lucky me), and I asked the owner if I could have whatever he was having for his lunch, for my lunch. He brought out a MASSIVE plate of ribs with a scoop of the creamiest mac ‘n’ cheese ever and proceeded to COVER it all in hot sauce. Only in America.
For my crisp sandwich combo here, I’m using Walkers MAX Flame Grilled Steak Flavour for some Memphis inspired meatiness. For the “mac ‘n’ cheese”, I’m sprinkling in some Walkers Cheese Flavour Quavers and Cheese Flavour Bugles. If I wasn’t such a crisp sandwich purist, I might put some jalapenos in this sandwich too and I might even consider hot sauce…
Think of a plate of food you love and try and recreate its flavours by mixing your favourite Walkers crisps. You never know what magic might happen.
Requires Cooking: No
Vegetarian Option: Yes
- 2 slices of sliced white bread
- A sprinkling each of Walkers Cheese Flavour Quavers, Cheese Flavour Bugles (for that extra cheesy punch and some serious crunch), and MAX Flame Grilled Steak Flavour (for smoky meatiness)
- 1 Butter the bottom slice of bread and mayo the top.
- 2 Crush the crisps up in your hand to combine them and break them down in size a bit and pile them in the sandwich. Consider jalapenos and hot sauce. Lid on, cleave in two.
- 3 This sandwich is a great reminder of the importance of the simple pleasures which should never be forgotten. Ever.