Egg & Cress by Max Halley
Featuring Walkers Roast Chicken Flavour Crisps
What did the Egg & Cress sandwich say to the bowl of Coronation Chicken? Nothing I suspect, but, if they were chatting, I imagine it’d go something like this:
“Wotcha, Coronation Chicken, I’d do anything to be a bit more like you, you’re just so beautiful!”
And here you go.
If you have bought yourself some already made egg mayo, don’t bother with the eggs and mayonnaise listed below, but do everything else.
Requires Cooking: No
Vegetarian Option: Yes
- 2 boiled eggs (7½ minutes)
- 2 heaped tablespoons mayo
- 1 heaped teaspoon mild curry powder (flavour of the gods!)
- 1 or 2 spring onions, finely sliced (the whole thing – green and white bits – it’s all delicious)
- ½ shredded baby gem lettuce
- Crushed Walkers Roast Chicken Flavour Crisps
- 2 slices of white bread from a nice crusty loaf
- A splash of vinegar (white wine, cider or malt are probably best)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Peel your boiled eggs and use a fork to mash them in a bowl.
- 2 Add the mayo, curry powder, some salt and pepper, the splash of vinegar and mash some more.
- 3 Thinly slice the spring onion and stir into the egg mayo mix.
- 4 Spread the egg mayo on the top and bottom slices of your bread.
- 5 Sprinkle the shredded lettuce on one and the crisps on the other and bring them together like a match made in sandwich heaven.