The Millionaire’s Breakfast by Max Halley
Featuring Walkers Oven Baked Sour Cream & Chive Flavour Crisps
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: an open sandwich is not a sandwich,it’s stuff on bread. Just this once though, I’ll make an exception, as it’s not every day you get your mitts on a millionaire’s breakfast – a caviar sandwich!
Or, at least, a caviar(ish) sandwich. You can substitute the top-shelf stuff with a cheaper alternative, like lumpfish, herring, flying fish or salmon roe, and still feel a million dollars.
Requires Cooking: No
Vegetarian Option: No
- A thin slice of nice, soft granary bread
- 2 boiled eggs (7 minutes)
- A teaspoon of very finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Caviar, or caviar substitute of choice
- Crushed Walkers Oven Baked Sour Cream & Chive Flavour Crisps & Chive Crisps
- 1 Get your grill on and toast only one side of your bread. Leave the toast to cool.
- 2 Spread the sour cream on the toasted side of the bread.
- 3 Sprinkle the crushed crisps evenly all over the sour cream.
- 4 Peel your eggs, halve them, then half those again and lay the bits evenly all over the crisps.
- 5 Using the handle of a teaspoon dot little heaps of the caviar (roe) all over the place then sprinkle with chives.
- 6 Keep this one to yourself (or be philanthropic and share it – there’s enough to go around!). You’re a millionaire now baby. And it’s only breakfast.