Rock ‘n’ Roll(ito) Sandwich by Max Halley
Featuring Walkers MAX Paprika Crisps or MAX Double Crunch Chicken Chorizo Crisps
I don’t want to push my luck, but I think I’m on a roll(ito) here. The rollito is BLATANTLY one of the great train snacks, an absolute belter of a sarnie filling when treated right and somehow, pleasingly retro.
Most major supermarkets sell rollitos now, so brace yourself for this one and let the sandwich times roll(ito)! Haha!
Requires Cooking: Yes
Vegetarian Option: No
- 4 – 8 rollitos (depending on how big your crusty roll is)
- 1 skinned, roasted red pepper from a jar, cut into slices
- A handful of rocket
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Crushed Walkers MAX Paprika Crisps or Crushed Walkers MAX Double Crunch Chicken Chorizo Crisps
- A crusty roll
- 1 Get all the components ready and put the grill on to heat up.
- 2 Cut the roll in half and spread mayo on the top half.
- 3 Lay the rollitos right up next to each other on a baking tray and pop them under the grill until the cheese has melted.
- 4 Using a spatula, layer the hot rollitos on the bottom of the bun and sprinkle the sliced red pepper over them.
- 5 Put the rocket on top of that and squeeze lemon juice all over the whole shebang.
- 6 Sprinkle the crisps on the top half of the bun and close the lid, cut in two and say, “Good Golly Miss Molly, this is so Rock ‘n’ Roll(ito)!”